Led by Prof. L. Zhao, the mission of FWI is to study information related topics from both technical and social aspects toward a wise AI society. It encourages students from diverse disciplines to study algorithms, applications, and their impact to the human society. Some keywords include Informatics, Wisdom, AI, Network, Graph, Algorithm, Optimization, Life, SF.
- May 20, 2021: Lecture note on Human Survivability Studies Information Wisdom Theory
- March 28, 2021: Template of a research paper (updated)
We are interested in interdisciplinary methodologies like network algorithms and optimization, machine learning, deep learning, etc, with their connection to learning theory, wisdom and life. We propose and study an Information Wisdom theory and use it to consider the limitation, future, expectation and danger of AI, as well as the nature of life, creativity, future life/world. Current projects include algorithm and theory for parliament size and malapportionment (social order), optimization in evacuation shelter assignment (social order), image processing and machine learning for early screening of mental disorder (brain order), AI ethics in autonomous driving, wisdom and wise AI, and others. See an overview of information wisdom theory (May 2021). Features include
- Interdisciplinary research: include algorithms, applications and impacts related to Informatics, in particular, algorithm and AI. See research.
- Diversity: is highly respected. We have students and visitors from various fields and countries. See members.
- Originality: is a must. Students can propose their original research as far as it is related to informatics.
- Wide collaboration: is possible with other labs, univerisities, institutes, hospitals, IT companies etc.
- Leadership training: is a unique feature here. We support students to take leadership training including long- and short-term internship.
- Integrated domitory: is available for all students with minimum expense and maximum communication opportunity.
- Diverse career path: is possible from international organization to researcher. See members.
Students with strong background in Math, Computer Science, Informatics, AI or related fields are welcome, better with interests in philosophy, social science and social contribution. Before contacting Prof. Zhao, please carefully read the information of the graduate school and this website. For Chinese students, you shall read extra information on 报考简介 and 京大求学建议.